- Devashish Das Gupta Product Management in Post Liberalised India- How can a Product Be Successful in An Emerging Market. VDM Verlag Dr. Muller Aktiengesellschaft & Co. KG Saarbrucken, Germany (2009) ISBN 978-3-639-18612-3, pp 267 (Imprint only for US and Great Britain) Available on Amazon.com
- Devashish Das Gupta (2010), Tourism Marketing, Pearson Education, New Delhi pp 300, ISBN 9788131731826.
Endorsements for the book:
“This book offers an in-depth treatment of the issues facing tourism marketers. The book’s rich frameworks, stories, photos and diagrams will stimulate many ideas for those engaged in attracting tourists to their areas.”
Philip Kotler, S.C. Johnson Distinguished Professor of International Marketing, Kellogg School of Management, North-western University, USA
“Professor Devashish Dasgupta [has opened] a new chapter in disseminating knowledge of tourism marketing…Solid research of international scope … A must read for students of tourism learning about emerging markets.”
Professor Liping A. Cai, Director, Purdue Tourism and Hospitality Research Center, and Associate Dean, College of Consumer and Family Sciences, Purdue University, USA
“This is a truly unique book on tourism marketing, which comprehensively presents the theory of the subject supported by cases and experiences from industry. The book offer s valuable insights with wide relevance for the professional and as well as the student of tourism marketing.”
Dr. Russell Arthur Smith, Interim Dean, Cornell-Nanyang Institute of Hospitality Management, Nanyang Technological University Nanyang Business School, Singapore
“Each chapter is easy-to-read, with excellent brief case studies that include photographs and maps and builds on relevant tourism management and consumer research literature—an excellent introduction to the field of tourism management. Really provides much new and exciting knowledge on tourism in Asia.”
Arch Woodside, Professor of Marketing, Boston College, Massachusetts, USA
3. Devashish Das Gupta “Tourism in Global Village” LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany, ISBN 978-3-8383-5957-1 published in July 2013
- Devashish Das Gupta, Atul Sharma (2009) “Customer Loyalty And Approach Of Service Providers: An Empircal Study Of Mobile Airtime Service Industry In India” Services Marketing Quarterly 30:4,342 — 364, Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group Volume 30, Number 4. (ISSN: 1533-2969)
- Devashish Das Gupta (2007) Do Customer Value Service Quality As A Measure Of Service Brand Image In A Service With Less Encounters? A Study Of The Indian Cellular Airtime Market International Journal of Business Strategy Volume VII, Number 2, 2007( ISSN: 1553-9563) California State University, Channel Islands, USA
- Devashish Das Gupta (2007) Retailing in India and the Role of the Marketing Mix’. Published in Issue 53 of the European Retail Digest, Oxford Institute of Retail Management, Oxford Univ, UK.
- Devashish Das Gupta & Snehashish Mukherjee (2001) “Customer Retention Management in the Information Era” Published in the July-December 2001 issue (Vol.2/No.2) of Delhi Business Review: An International Journal (ISSN: 0972-222x) of Society for Human Transformation and Research.
- Devashish Das Gupta (2003) “The Influence of Celebrity Endorsement on Indian Youth: An Empirical Study” published in the Nov 2003 issue of ICFAI Journal of Marketing Management (IJMM)
- Devashish Das Gupta (2004) Customer Orientation: The Survival Mantra- What, Why and How? LMA Annual Convention Journal 2004
- Devashish Das Gupta (2006) “Significance of Branding in Hitech Industries.” ICFAI Journal of Marketing Management (IJMM) IV(4) 2006: 7-18
- Devashish Das Gupta (2006) “Tourism Marketing – Marketing and Policy issues for a prime tourist destination”, Lucknow Management Association, Convention Journal Vol 2 No.1, 2006: 142 – 149
- 10. Devashish Das Gupta (2007) “Senior citizens as shoppers: An exploratory study into the psychographics” Published in Proceedings of Academy for Global Business Advancement World Congress held in Penang, Malaysia on May 21-25, 2007 organised by Texas Univ, A&M, USA and Penang Univ, Malaysia
- Devashish Das Gupta et al (2011) ‘Tourism Website Effectiveness-Implications for Emerging economies’ Published in Proceedings of 4th IIM Ahmedabad Conference on Marketing in Emerging Economies, Jan 5-7, 2011
- Devashish Das Gupta (2010) ‘Instore Ambience –Factors Influencing the customer’ Published in Proceedings of first International Marketing Conference (MARCON), IIM Kolkata, Dec 27-29, 2010
- Devashish Das Gupta with co-author (2010) ‘B2b Purchase Decision Making Process-An exploratory study of the decision making process of a financial organisation’ Published in Proceedings of first International Marketing Conference (MARCON), IIM Kolkata, Dec 27-29, 2010
- Devashish Das Gupta (2008) Marketing Interventions for Tourism Promotion: Recommendations for the top tourist destination in India. Published in the Proceedings of Conference on Tourism in India- Challenges Ahead 15-17 May, 2008 at IIM Kohikode
- Vivek Gupta, Devashish Das Gupta, (2008) Adoption and Use of ICT in Indian Tourism: Interventions for the top tourist destinations of India. Published in the Proceedings of Conference on Tourism in India- Challenges Ahead 15-17 May, 2008 at IIM Kohikode.
- Devashish Das Gupta (2006) ‘Value Chain for a B school’ Published in Proceedings of first AIMS (Association of Indian Management Scholars) International Conference on Management (AIMSiCOM-III) IIM, Ahmedabad from Jan 1-4, 2006.
- Devashish Das Gupta (2006) ‘Tourism Retailing-Case of the hottest tourism destination in India’ Published in Proceedings of first AIMS (Association of Indian Management Scholars) International Conference on Management (AIMSiCOM-III) held at IIM, Ahmedabad from Jan 1-4, 2006.
- Devashish Das Gupta (2005) “Significance of service brand image in an emerging economy, an empirical study of the Indian telecom market.” Published in Proceedings of International Conference on “Marketing Paradigms for Emerging Economies” 12-13 January 2005 at IIM, Ahmedabad.
- Devashish Das Gupta (2003) “Branding in Hitech Industries” Published in Proceedings of first AIMS (Association of Indian Management Scholars) International Conference on Management at IIM, Bangalore Dec 28-31, 2003.
20. Devashish Das Gupta (2001) “Customer Retention Management in the Information Era” in the second International conference organised by Society for Human Transformation and Research, Delhi School of Professional studies & Research & DSPSR: Centre for Information technology at Delhi on Jan 8&9 2001.
- Devashish Das Gupta (2000)“The Indian Rural Market-A Researcher’s Perspective” Published in Proceedings of Marketing Summit-2000 organised by Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi on September 15-16.
- Devashish Das Gupta (2011) Connecting with Customers, Chapter in the book International Business in the 21st Century, Volume 2 Going Global: Implementing Business Operations, , Editor Bruce D. Keillor & Vijay Kannan, Praeger Publication US
- Devashish Das Gupta (2007) Significance of Branding in Hitech Industries included in the book titled “Marketing of Hi Tech Products and Services”, ICFAI publication
- Devashish Das Gupta (2006) five units namely Sourcing, Merchandising, HRM in Retailing, IT in Retailing, Retail Promotion and Communication Mix, for the study unit of Retail Management (elective for the MBA programme) of Indira Gandhi Open University (IGNOU). Also member of course design panel on Retailing for IGNOU.
- Devashish Das Gupta (2007) Analysis of Case Planet Health in the diagnosis section of Vikalpa, IIMA journal April-June, 2007(Vol.32.2) issue
- Devashish Das Gupta (2005) Case analysis of Case on Changing Trends in Retailing and FMCG industry in India published in ICFAI Case folio pp 28-30, Feb 05.
- Devashish Das Gupta (2011) Business Marketing- Text & Cases 3rd Edition, Krishna K. Havaldar, McGraw Hill 2010, pp 572, Rs. 350, ISBN: 9780070083257 published in Metamorphosis. Journal of IIM Lucknow journal.Vol. 9 Issue No.2, July-December, 2010
- Devashish Das Gupta (2008) Marketing to Win: Designs and Campaigns to Achieve Market Dominance, published in Metamorphosis journal of IIM Lucknow Jan-June 2008
- Devashish Das Gupta (2007) Speciality Shop Retailing – How To Run Your Own Store Author: Carol L Schroeder. John Wiley & Sons, Inc, Metamorphosis journal of IIM Lucknow Volume 6 Issue 1
- Devashish Das Gupta (2001) “Business is Combat: A Fighter Pilot’s Guide to Winning Modern Business Warfare, Murphy, James D. Vikalpa (Journal of IIM, Ahmedabad) Vol 26/No.4 (Oct-Dec 2001)
Devashish Das Gupta (2001) Marketing Management- Basic Concept and the Marketing Mix Reg. No MKT/01-02 at NIM.